Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

The unknown...

I know that as a military spouse I should be used to the unknowns by now.  I know that in this lifestyle especially they are inevitable.  I know that every few years my life is going to be tossed about to land only God knows where.  However, being pregnant and not knowing is a whole new ballgame!

I am a daydreamer.  I love thinking about the future and imagining where we will live and what kind of house we will have and the friends and the job (because that can really make or break an assignment!) the sponsors and well everything!  I imagine it all!  Now I am pregnant & have no idea where we are going to live when my baby is born. I have no idea where my baby will be born.  I do know that I will be moving internationally with an almost 2 year old & either 36 weeks pregnant or with a 1 month old!  I can't even think about that though because that just increases the anxiety through the roof!

I have talked to several people about my fears & anxieties over this and they all keep saying the same thing...stop thinking about it!  If I know that daydreaming sends me into a stressed out wreck...stop daydreaming!  Okay!  In just about every case where you are told to just stop doing something it is easier said than done!  So I started thinking about how I can stop daydreaming and here is what I came up with!

First this came to mind..."do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 4:6-7

So this is telling me that when I start to feel anxious instead pray & ask God about whatever is causing me grief & He will give me peace. Notice it doesn't say he will give you answers, but He will give you peace! His peace!  Okay I will gladly take that!

Then I thought about this..."Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~Matthew 11:28

This verse is Jesus telling us to stop trying to save ourselves and let Him save us.  It is so much easier to surrender control of your life to God than to try to be in control of it ourselves.  He can do anything & I can do nothing! (For nothing will be impossible with God.~Luke 1:37)

And then of course every time I think about the future or making plans I think about this..."For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." ~ Jeremiah 29:11

Though I am not in exile like those this was addressed to I do find comfort in it!  It tells me that there is a point and that my struggles, when done with Jesus, are simply a means to an end & when I think about what He endured for me I can not be saddened by not knowing where we are going to live in a year!

  It seems like small potatoes when I think about what I am complaining about and what Jesus went through so that I may be forgiven.  I understand that some may say they are incomparable but i believe that not comparing everything to that, not remembering that everyday in every situation is in a way making us more & Him less.   I am in no way saying that I am perfect & do in fact remember this all the time, but I try to.  If the next time you start moaning & groaning about something you have to do think about Jesus up on that cross.  When I do it makes me hold myself accountable more. He was willing to go through all of that for ME!  The least I can do is remember as often as possible.

With that I am striving to no longer daydream at least for now while it causes me anxiety!  I am striving to remember Jesus everyday instead!


Happy Monday Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment